Salary: Competitive salary
Post type: Fulltime
Closing Date: Saturday, December 31, 2022
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of China’s leading universities in the fields of finance, economics, management and tourism.
The Surrey International Institute, located on the DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between DUFE in Dalian and the University of Surrey in the UK. It is growing International Business Management, International Tourism Management and Accounting and Finance program have an established international reputation.
While the role, as part of a highly international team of academic colleagues, is to teach University of Surrey programs at the Surrey International Institute, the appointment will be made by the University of Finance and Dongbei Economy (DUFE).
NB: These appointments are not with the University of Surrey. While the roles, within a highly international team of academic colleagues, are to teach on various SII-DUFE programs, appointments will be made by DUFE, and successful candidates will be employed by DUFE.
A Ph.D. in the disciplines of business management or a closely related field and a recent record of scholarship published in peer-reviewed journals is preferred, or a master’s degree in the fields of business management and a number sufficient years of relevant industry and professional experience.
- A PhD in business management, preferably with teaching/industrial experience.
- Successful candidates must be able to design and teach courses in international business management and teach a broader area of business management fundamentals at the undergraduate level.
- The candidate must have at least two years of teaching experience.
- Raising awareness of quality assurance processes in UK higher education.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain effective communications with colleagues, and use initiative to solve problems or find information.
- Teaching experience in the UK and internationally is preferred.
- A certificate of teaching qualification is preferable
- We offer a competitive salary package that matches those of top universities in China.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as relocation, medical insurance and medical allowance.
- We offer on-campus apartments (if available) or an alternative housing allowance.
- Our ideal candidate will have a proven and solid background in undergraduate teaching, as well as relevant professional experience
- Develop new teaching methods that encourage positive interactions and overall student development.
- Teach various undergraduate modules in the disciplines of international business management, such as human resource management, marketing/business analysis, international business, organizational behavior and psychology.
- For more information, list of available modules: https://catalogue.surrey.ac.uk/2021-2/programme/UKA10-42
- Plan, execute and critically review a range of instructional and assessment activities appropriate to student levels.
- Quickly define and/or grade coursework, practice sessions, exams and provide appropriate feedback to students based on grading rubrics.
- Provide regular counseling hours, personal tutoring, and extracurricular support for students seeking subject guidance, advice on assessments, or related questions.
- Participate in peer class observations or other staff development initiatives aimed at improving quality.
To apply, please send your CV, a brief cover letter indicating teaching abilities by subject, the main page of your passport and two reference letters from former employers to email@example.com.
Only candidates meeting the selection criteria will receive a response from us.
Applications will be processed upon receipt until positions are filled.
For any other questions about advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)
Dalian, People’s Republic of China