Brooklyn, New York, USALocation:
Tue 13 Sep ’22Posted on:
Marketing & Business Development Manager (Manufacturing)
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Hybrid)
Posted: September 13, 2022
Experience Level: Intermediate/Senior Level
Type: Full-time, permanent
Remuneration: Salary, exempt; $80,000 to $100,000
We are looking for a full-time Marketing and Business Development Manager to join our marketing team. This role will report and work
in collaboration with our partners and our president. The Manager will lead marketing initiatives for our manufacturing division across a wide range
projects to promote ongoing projects, secure new work and support long-term growth. By developing strategies, implementing and
overseeing marketing and business development operations, the manager plays a critical role in growing a strong pipeline of new
projects that allow our innovative company to thrive.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
● Lead the marketing and business development team through various project priorities
● Meet potential customers to develop industrial partnerships and new opportunities
● Work in collaboration with partners and the President of Manufacturing to develop a marketing strategy based on performance data
and business alignment
● Lead all outreach cycles and marketing programs with support from the Business Development Associate
● Plan and manage all marketing materials (pitch decks, website, social media and email marketing campaigns) with our
Marketing & Graphics Associate
● Manage all projects through the ideation, planning, implementation and closing phases
● Contribute to KPI and ROI performance reports
● Generate reports related to marketing campaigns and awareness pipeline for review
● Lead market research and analysis to support the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies
● Developed and organized prospecting data (lead generation) with Business Development Associate
● Management and maintenance of CRM database standards; delegate maintenance tasks, as needed
● Supervise marketing administrative tasks
● Lead and manage all marketing and business development related events
● Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
○ 2 to 4 years of experience in B2B marketing or business development (we are open to your experiences! These could
include architecture, marketing, contemporary art, data entry, public relations, etc.)
● Mastery of CRM, productivity and project management software
○ Familiarity with Copper, Google Workspace, Monday.com and Google Sheets preferred
● Experience leading teams with a solution-oriented attitude
● Ability to stay organized and disciplined in a freelance/remote workflow when needed
● Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong written and oral communication skills (clear and effective)
● Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally between different projects and priorities
● Excellent organizational and time management skills in a collaborative work environment
● High EQ with ability to negotiate and discuss complex and sensitive material
● Creative problem solving
● Comfortable with navigating ambiguity and enthusiastic about creating new processes
● Knowledge and desire to deepen understanding of the AEC industry
● Must be eligible to work in the United States
We offer great benefits, reasonable working hours and the opportunity to support creative and thoughtful projects in a store/studio
environment. Benefits include employer health (including two fully funded options), dental, vision, life and long-term disability
insurance plans, One Medical membership, paid vacation and holidays, and other benefits such as subsidized CitiBike memberships and
a very reduced parking lot passes by the Brooklyn Navy Yard. After one year of work, you are eligible to contribute to a company 401(k)
plan with a 4% match from the employer.
We don’t know you yet, but we imagine you have a wide range of interests and skills, and wouldn’t be happy to focus on
only one of them. You have worked in a B2B marketing or business-related field (preferably in the AEC industry, but open to
other industry backgrounds) for at least 2-4 years, possess strong independent, organized and data-driven skills and seek
to get a company excited.
At your core, you are a creative problem solver who knows how to apply your vast knowledge and skills to new and unfamiliar challenges.
challenges with a small team. Your experiences have given you a keen sense of initiative and troubleshooting, and you
understand how to independently organize and implement research data for scalable marketing initiatives. You are passionate about
connect people in architecture and design, so you like to imagine and experiment on the fly, but you also strive to
systematize our workflows where appropriate. Overall, you are someone who is dedicated to producing good work, and you
understand that supporting your team and knowing when to ask for help are both essential to achieving this goal.
SITU is an unconventional architecture practice using design, research and fabrication for creative and social impact. The company
was founded in 2005, in Brooklyn, New York, by four friends studying architecture at the Cooper Union. We have shaped our practice
of the multidisciplinary style of our education, and have grown up working with clients who value a progressive approach to
problem solving. We now employ a team of over 35 people.
Our process is client-specific, adaptive and guided by a diversity of in-depth knowledge, independent of any stylistic or formal agenda.
This allows us to work outside the boundaries, using new architecture tools to generate unique results.
Our practice is comprised of three divisions – Studio, Research and Manufacturing – which work collaboratively while providing
services. This keeps prototyping, research and development, and hands-on craftsmanship at the heart of our creative process.
Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Fabrication Marketing and Business Development
Include, in a single (1) PDF attachment:
● a cover letter telling us about you, what excites you about this opportunity and what you can bring to the position
● your CV
● three (3) references
View your application history