Unit: Business Development
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The primary function of this position is to seek out new market opportunities, expand and secure new ICT business, manage client accounts, and collaborate with project implementation teams in project execution.
- Identify new business opportunities in the ICT field, participate in new business pitches and help write new business proposals
- Identify technology-forward ideas by researching cross-functional industries and related events, publications and announcements
- Analyze sales data and customer feedback to inform market penetration strategies
- Review and consolidate auction requirements as announced by organizations
- Strong business knowledge and experience interpreting financial data
- Analyze current and past financial data and provide strategies to reduce costs and increase revenue
- Ability to effectively research new markets
- Participate in the development of sales pitches, business plans and other presentations as required
- Develop and/or renew existing customer accounts
- Develop strategic relationships with other organizations for relevant partnerships
- Update documentation of assigned projects
- Liaise with project teams to ensure accurate execution of project implementation plans
- Advanced communication and writing skills
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Good planning and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team at all levels
- Ability to balance strategic and operational issues
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong business acumen.
- Attention to detail
- Mastery of ICT
- Customer management skills
Behavioral Qualities/Other Skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and management skills.
- Personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team with little or no supervision
Experience / Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business administration, finance, accounting, marketing or related field.
- Proven experience as a Business Development Officer or similar role.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Marketing experience and strong command of budgeting and finance.
- Previous experience as a business development officer or work experience in similar positions
- Applicants should have at least 3-5 years of experience in sales, marketing, finance or sales roles