Workforce Management Center Limited is a management consultancy and professional outsourcing services company. After its establishment in July 2004, Workforce Management Center Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management consultancy and professional services firm in Nigeria. Leveraging its deep domain expertise,…
Learn more about this company
Summary of work
- As Business Development Manager, the appointee will be responsible for developing new business opportunities among target markets in the public sector and international agencies with the aim of contributing to business unit revenue.
Business growth and expansion:
- Attract new clients/engagements within the public sector in Lagos and Abuja by innovating and overseeing the business sales process
- Identify and research opportunities that arise within the public sector, large corporations and international agencies and communicate them to the Head of Department.
- Work with the Marketing department to create content for the target audience.
- Assist in the analysis and presentation of performance information that will be used to make additional decisions, improve business generation and identify potential issues that may arise, allowing feedback to review stakeholders from the supply chain.
- Prepare and present pitches and presentations to key potential stakeholders from the public sector and international agencies in Lagos and/or Abuja.
- Lead initiatives to engage key stakeholders and key relevant managers and departments within the public sector and international agencies.
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and propose solutions to their problems
- Create positive and lasting relationships with current and potential customers
- Identify and attend relevant corporate events and engagements held in target industries with the aim of building strategic business connections.
- Create and publicize the company as a go-to consultation form for public sector engagements.
- Generate sales and revenue for the business
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure that customer needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Respond to day-to-day business needs.
Specification / Education Diploma
- Graduate with a degree in any discipline
- 3-7 years of experience as a business development manager in a B2B services environment
- Must be outgoing and social with proven evidence of a high network of individuals
- Able to open doors of opportunity anywhere
- Must be flexible in working hours and days
- Well-connected in business and HR space
- Business development
- Prospecting and networking
- Proposal Writing
- communication skills
- Good face-to-face communication skills.
- Good writing and report writing skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Good presentation skills Personal attributes
- The candidate must be firm and assertive.
- Very organized and thorough.
- Strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work independently and take initiative within organizational guidelines to achieve goals.
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills.
- Very intuitive and analytical.
- Presentation skills
- Customer service
- Problem solving skill
- Communication skills
- Business development