Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- As County Finance Limited’s Business Development Manager, you need to identify new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and ensure business growth.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify business opportunities and conduct market research to determine new business leads and potential projects
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the business development team.
- Select, train and develop direct reporters and other subordinates to ensure continuous improvement of the business development function.
- Participate in periodic performance evaluation in accordance with the company’s performance management program.
- Generate new client and business relationships to ensure new business and projects are identified
- Generate leads and cold call potential customers
- Meet clients/clients in person or over the phone, liaison with the client at all stages
- Update the management team on the results of the meeting with the client on a particular project and any other information gathered during the meeting
- Manage strategic alliances and partnerships by securing corporate/commercial relationships through effective client management and analyzing joint ventures/partners to identify and secure options best suited to the business.
- Seek ways to improve business operations
- Have a good understanding of the companies products or services and be able to advise others on them
- Forecast long and short term market potential by performing market and feasibility analyzes by monitoring the implementation and execution of BD and PR activities
- Lead the business development team according to set objectives and initiate market analysis, review the process ensuring that the management team is kept up to date
- Responsible for designing and executing press releases, corporate presentation, corporate communications related brochures and corporate website to ensure County’s brand principles Finance are respected at all times
- Proactively seek out target organizations and establish communications with companies that can benefit from County Finance’s products and services
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing clients and potential clients of County Finance
- Represent county finance at trade shows and internal business development forums
- Maintain media relations through positive publicity and strong public relations to ensure goodwill and corporate image.
- Coordinate with relevant business units and other key departments to ensure timely completion and submission of business proposals/contracts to the appropriate contact within an organization.
- Conduct detailed market research to understand and gather information on competing businesses in the region
Objectives – Performance indicators
- Effective business development strategy, new sales strategies, sales pitches.
- Generate revenue for the business
- Prospect new business and potential customers
- Loyalty and generation of customers.
Educational qualification/experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, commerce or any related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role.
Behavioral skills required:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Excellent innovation capabilities
- Good writing and public speaking skills
- Leadership and people management skills
- Oriented detail
- Organizational and multi-tasking skill.