Donegal Town Credit Union is looking to recruit a Marketing and Business Development Officer.
The Marketing & Business Development Officer (MBDO) will report directly to the CEO.
The MBDO will be responsible for marketing the services of the Donegal Town Credit Union to its members and prospective members, ensuring that the profile of credit unions within the community remains strong and its reach through its common link between individuals, community organizations, school clubs and employers, etc. and across all demographics, is thorough.
Working with the CEO, a key part of the role will be creating, designing and implementing a cohesive annual marketing plan and budget that can be deployed across all relevant media channels.
The objective of this plan will be to ensure that the services of Donegal Town Credit Union evolve, grow and engage active members and potential members in line with Donegal Town Credit Unions strategic plan and objectives.
- Design and implement the sales and marketing strategy in accordance with the strategic plan, market segmentation and product objectives.
- In conjunction with the CEO, COO and Lending Manager, agree practical growth targets for the lending function and with Member Services Officers for other non-interest revenue generating services, in accordance changing business objectives.
- Liaise with key business stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of strategic plan growth objectives.
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop a detailed and costed annual marketing plan, detailed month by month on all relevant media channels.
- When developing the annual marketing plan, evaluate which products and bundles will provide the best value to specific demographics and market segments within the common bond area.
- Help develop and embed a member-driven culture based on ‘value’ throughout the Donegal Town Credit Union.
- Provide sales and business development training to all member-serving staff to ensure front-line promotion is maximized across the entire credit union product line.
- Responsible for monitoring and developing new business opportunities.
- Liaise with external agencies to identify business development opportunities.
- Manage in collaboration with the CEO, all activities and external communications related to public relations to ensure consistency of message throughout. This may involve, for example, radio interviews and presentations to groups on an internal and external basis.
- Develop a monitoring tool that measures the effectiveness of ongoing marketing initiatives across channels and spend.
- Meet with the leadership team monthly and present structured commentary, reports and market insights based on data from The Credit Union and external insights.
- Work closely with Lending and Operations Managers ensuring business development strategy is closely aligned with lending and all member interfaces.
- Participate in meetings and projects assigned by the CEO.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and guidelines, including advertising, data protection and employment law, etc.
- The BDMO will need to be very flexible with their time. The BDMO shall attend/organize the Schools Quiz, Poster Contest, Annual General Meeting and attend other non-DTCU related events to promote the DTCU such as wedding fairs and other organized events in the evening or weekend.
The list above is not exhaustive and will evolve according to the needs of the company.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Dynamic, creative and autonomous person
- Able to work independently to identify and research opportunities to present to CEO and management team for evaluation
- Ability to convert creative ideas into effective marketing messages in both design and language
- Knowledge of social media advertising and creating company profiles
- Knowledge of direct digital advertising. g. Google Adwords etc.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to focus on achieving objectives within agreed budget constraints
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize work and get together
goals and deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a varied workload
- A marketing qualification with 18+ months of business development and marketing experience in a commercial environment is desirable but not required
This position is a full time contract with a 6 month trial period applying. The responsibilities of the position will, from time to time, require working outside office hours and undertaking duties in locations other than Donegal Town Credit Union offices.
Applicants should clearly state the position they are applying for by quoting the reference BDMO 001
Applications with CV by email only addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing of applications, Monday 25and April 2022
A shortlist may apply and the assessment will be made based on the information provided in the application
Donegal Town Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Donegal Town Credit Union is looking for a Marketing and Business Development Manager was last modified: April 8, 2022 by