FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
DEPARTMENTAL ADMINISTRATOR B
LEVEL 10 PEROMNES POST
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research universities in the country and gives us a competitive edge in the international development of science and technology.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing efficient and comprehensive administrative service to the Head of Department and staff members of the Business Management Department, including:
- General office administration
- Administration of teaching and learning
- Research and Marketing Administration
- Managing logistical arrangements for events and facilities
- Relevant 3-year B degree with at least 2 years of experience which includes office administration, secretarial and financial experience; Where
- Matric and an applicable qualification of 3 years in secretarial and/or office administration and 3 years of experience which includes office administration, secretarial experience and financial administration; and
- Experience in the use of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as the use of the Internet and e-mail.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Professionally applicable communication and language skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising detail and accuracy;
- Strong demonstration of customer service acumen;
- The ability and sophistication to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritize work independently and manage concurrent assignments successfully and accurately;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to manage confidential information; and
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to function effectively in a diverse group.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AND PREFERENCES:
- Advanced mastery of MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access;
- Experience in the administration of undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs;
- Knowledge of a blended learning environment including online support (ClickUP);
- Basic knowledge of the PeopleSoft system;
- Knowledge of web page maintenance;
- Experience in managing logistical arrangements for events;
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education environment.
- A driving license
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual compensation package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s appointment level, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED/UMVUZO medical assistance plans and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
To apply for this position, please contact:
- A complete CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three references that we are authorized to contact.
CLOSING DATE: June 03, 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not meet at least the minimum requirements.
INQUIRIES: Ms. Mary-Jane Ndlovu, Email Address: Mary-Jane.Ndlovu@up.ac.za
If you do not hear from the University of Pretoria by August 31, 2022, please accept that your application has not been successful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the University’s Employment Equity Plan and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given to, but is not limited to, applicants from the designated groups under represented.
All applicants who meet the nomination requirements are welcome to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to book appointments for advertised positions