Live Nation is the world’s largest producer of live entertainment, producing more than 40,000 shows and more than 100 festivals each year and selling 500 million tickets annually, thanks to our 44,000 employees worldwide.
As Director of Business Development, you will work with the President of Brand and Marketing Partnerships as a senior executive to develop and generate sponsorship revenue for the Live Nation business in Australia and New Zealand.
Your primary role will be to drive new business and generate sponsorship revenue for Live Nation, securing a range of high-value brand partnerships across the portfolio of concert tours, box office, music festivals and venues. LiveNation. This role will involve achieving an annual individual sales target, as well as contributing to the larger team sales target.
This role will be essential in ensuring that all opportunities accurately meet the objectives of Live Nation, internal stakeholders and customers and in creating connections between fans, brands and properties of Live Nation to ensure the business returns and success for all parties, realizing the department’s vision.
In this role, you will:
- Secure high-value partnerships with customers across multiple brand categories while managing and meeting all partner requirements during the business development phase
- Ensure that partner deadlines, milestones and results are met during the business development phase
- Lead the communication of new conversations and business opportunities with internal stakeholders at LNA, Ticketmaster, Moshtix, Venues and Festivals
- Represent and negotiate on behalf of the business in a series of partner meetings at all levels, including the C-suite level
- Investigate and research creative ways to incorporate new brands into Live Nation properties – including venues, festivals, concerts, digital assets and new assets
- Balance partner goals and requests with Live Nation goals and requirements, managing approvals and communications with key stakeholders
- Ensure that all proposals or ideas during the business development phase are aligned with the Live Nation brand partnership and sponsorship strategy
- Work closely with the Client Services team, including delivery of new partnership agreements, ideation, workshops, client onboarding, client meetings and assessments
Who and what are we looking for?
- A people person, using this ability to build and develop relationships, effectively translating this into successful partnerships
- Someone who has an eye for developing new business opportunities using solid research and insights and someone who can demonstrate their ability to close the deal
- An exceptional communicator
- Act as a trusted partner advisor, providing support and strategic advice
- Someone with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, combined with professionalism, passion and drive to be the best
- A focus on getting results and a desire to succeed
- Mentor and mentor junior staff and support and encourage the career development and progression of your members
What do we offer?
- Flexible work environment
- Advantages of tickets for our events
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Paid Parental and Volunteer Leave
- Investment in your personal career development
- Be part of a global, innovative and exciting company!
Equal Opportunity: We are passionate and committed to our employees and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will work in an inclusive environment and will be encouraged to put your full work into it. We will do everything we can to help you successfully balance your work and personal life. As a growing company, we encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, to have new experiences and to learn from the talented people you will work with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or family responsibilities.