Brooklyn, New York, USALocation:
Mon 14 March ’22Posted on:
We are looking for a full-time Business Development Associate (BD Associate) to join our Marketing team starting in March 2022. The BD Associate will work closely with the Business Development Manager in our Manufacturing division on large scale initiatives aimed at secure new work and support long-term growth. By identifying strategic opportunities and potential partners, the BD Associate plays a critical role in developing a strong pipeline of new projects that allows our innovative business to thrive.
On a day-to-day basis, this role will focus on client outreach and potential project opportunities, including but not limited to:
● Market research and analysis to support the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies
● Developed and organized prospecting data (lead generation)
● Enter and maintain customer information in the CRM database
● Generate reports related to marketing campaigns and outreach pipeline for review
● Support Manager with marketing operations and administrative tasks
● Generate guarantees for internal and external initiatives
● Participate in events related to marketing and business development
● Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
○ 1-2 years of relevant professional experience (we are open to your experiences! These may include architecture, marketing, contemporary art, data entry, public relations, etc.)
● Familiarity with CRM, productivity and project management software
○ Familiarity with Copper, Google Workspace, Monday.com and Google Sheets preferred
● Ability to stay organized and disciplined in a freelance/remote workflow when needed
● Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong written and oral communication skills (clear and effective)
● Excellent organizational and time management skills in a collaborative work environment
● Knowledge and desire to deepen understanding of the AEC industry
● Must be eligible to work in the United States
We offer great benefits, reasonable working hours, and the opportunity to support creative, thoughtful projects in a shop/studio environment. Benefits include employer health (including two fully funded options), dental, vision, life and long-term disability plans, One Medical membership, two weeks paid vacation and others perks like subsidized CitiBike memberships and deeply discounted parking passes through the Brooklyn Dockyard. After one year of employment, you are eligible to contribute to a 401(k) plan through the company, and SITU will match your contributions, dollar for dollar, up to 4% of your annual salary.
We don’t know you yet, but we imagine you have a wide range of interests and skills, and wouldn’t be happy to focus on just one. You have been working in a marketing or business related field (preferably in the AEC industry, but open to other industry backgrounds) for at least 1-2 years, have strong independent skills, organized and data-driven and looking for a company to get excited about.
At your core, you are a creative problem solver who knows how to apply vast knowledge and skills to new and unfamiliar challenges with a small team. Your experiences have equipped you with a strong sense of initiative and troubleshooting, and you understand how to independently organize and implement research data for scalable marketing initiatives. You are passionate about connecting people in architecture and design, so you enjoy imagining and experimenting on the fly, but you also strive to systematize our workflows whenever appropriate. Overall, you are someone who is dedicated to producing great work and you understand that supporting your team and knowing when to ask for help are both essential to achieving this goal.
SITU is an unconventional architecture practice using design, research and fabrication for creative and social impact. The company was founded in 2005, in Brooklyn, New York, by four friends studying architecture at the Cooper Union. We have shaped our practice from the multidisciplinary style of our upbringing and have grown up working with clients who appreciate a progressive approach to problem solving. We now employ a team of over 35 people.
Our process is client-specific, adaptive and guided by a diversity of in-depth knowledge, independent of any stylistic or formal agenda. This allows us to work outside the boundaries, using new architecture tools to generate unique results.
Our practice is comprised of three divisions – Studio, Research and Manufacturing – which work collaboratively while providing
services. This keeps prototyping, research and development, and hands-on craftsmanship at the heart of our creative process.
Please send your application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Development Associate Application”.
Include, in a single (1) PDF attachment:
● a cover letter telling us about you, what excites you about this opportunity and what you can bring to the position
● your resume
● three (3) references
● Optional: a portfolio and/or 3 examples of relevant work that will enrich our understanding of you and your experience.
SITU is committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity in the workplace and beyond. We encourage all of our employees to bring their
original, authentic and multifaceted personalities in the company. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, veteran status or military status. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply.