Job offer: Inishowen Credit Union Ltd. invites applications for the position of Business Development and Marketing Officer.
Inishowen Credit Union is a progressive financial services provider with nearly 25,000 members and total assets of over 106 million. Our main office is on Cockhill Road in the heart of the Buncrana community and we have three other offices in Inishowen at Moville, Carndonagh & Muff. Our core value is to promote the financial well-being of our members, while helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. This role is fundamental to achieving our strategic ambition to ensure that our member service and community engagement puts us at the heart of the Inishowen community.
Main responsibilities of the position:
Understanding the financial needs and requirements of current and prospective members is key to Inishowen Credit Union’s success. The Business Development and Marketing Officer is responsible for profiling member needs so that the credit union can align its offerings with the needs of the Inishowen community. This job holder will analyze the common bond and profile and segment the market to help identify specific needs. One of the main objectives of the role is to clearly define the “customers” or “people” the credit union wishes to serve and to plan how best to achieve this by better understanding the members. The Business Development and Marketing Officer is then responsible for building uptake and retention through effective marketing of the offering through the most effective media channels and reviewing it on an ongoing basis to optimize product relevance and service excellence.
• Complete and maintain a detailed market assessment, segmenting and evaluating products and services already available from the credit union and its main competitors.
• Work closely with the leadership team to help develop, launch and sell new products and services across personal, commercial and agricultural banking lines to meet the needs of existing and potential members.
• Develop a marketing and business development plan to generate revenue for the credit union, increasing access and adoption of all revenue-generating products and services
• Continually assess and review the performance of products and services to determine the extent to which they meet member needs and drive member satisfaction
• Manage the onboarding of new members ensuring they are properly inducted into the credit union’s multi-channel benefits and processes and the evolution of these benefits as members move through their life cycle.
• Develop opportunities for member engagement, from information evenings to seminars, financial planning information sessions, etc.
• Manage the credit union’s brand, ensuring that brand value, reputation and inherent competence are communicated through all appropriate means and channels.
• Liaise with the leadership team and staff on an ongoing basis to embed the aligned “Member Solutions” centric approach to all credit union activities across all credit union functions.
• Consistently exploit the benefits of a closer, solution-focused relationship with all members.
• Operate in the community, building relationships within the community and key groups (employers, schools, community groups, etc.) within it, to foster the value that the credit union can bring to sustaining the strength of the community
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Minimum 2 years of industry experience in a marketing and business development role
• A third level business degree or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Track record of building relationships, achieving sales goals and communicating key marketing messages
• Knowledge of the financial services industry is desirable
• Appropriate attention to detail, to ensure that the Caisse populaire fulfills its responsibilities as a regulated entity
• Minimum Central Bank Proficiency Requirements (MCR) or will undergo training to meet this requirement
How to register: Applications including CV and cover letter by e-mail addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must clearly indicate the reference number: USI BDMO 2022
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, May 27
A shortlist may apply and the assessment will be made based on the information provided in the application.
Inishowen Credit Union Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Opportunity: Business Development and Marketing Officer Opportunity was last modified: May 13, 2022 by