We are looking for a VP (f/m/d) to lead our Digital Business Development team and join our Berlin office. You are a fast learner and adaptable team leader, eager to be part of the fastest growing music company in the world and eager to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Your mission at BMG
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing our global digital licensing strategy and leading business development initiatives across our registered licensing and publishing partners, with expertise focused on publishing. You will be the global point of contact for internal and external business development issues.
- Leading, managing and developing BMG’s digital business development team and infrastructure across our publishing and recording businesses will be your main task.
- Review and improve our global digital publishing licensing strategy and infrastructure.
- Support and consult with the Commercial Licensing team during the music publishing rights negotiation process.
- Lead all activities to identify, assess, initiate and measure business development, licensing and strategic partnership opportunities with new and existing digital licensing partners.
- Monitor the success and impact of business development initiatives and account performance.
- Develop KPIs with our Insights and Analytics team and report initiative and account performance to senior digital and business licensing management.
- Drive digital platform strategy and expertise, unlock best-in-class digital operations, and guide our global digital teams with strategy and expertise.
- Foster and coordinate business development initiatives with key stakeholders across all departments, e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, Royalty, Data, Directory, Marketing and Digital Management teams.
- Support the Commercial Licensing team during the negotiation process and represent all internal service requirements.
- Manage and develop the business relationship with licensing partners across all of our publishing and recording activities, as well as identify areas for optimization with them.
- Maximize the opportunities of Bertelsmann relationships with platforms such as Meta or Bytedance.
- You have successfully completed a professional degree in business, marketing, music, creative industries, technology or a similar field.
- You have gained in-depth experience in a similar position in the following areas: business development, commercial music licensing (with a focus on publishing), social media or gaming platforms.
- Social media business models, augmented reality/virtual reality, games and ad-supported media are no strangers to you.
- You fully understand the complexity and scope of the recorded music and digital publishing industry, especially for UGC platforms and non-traditional DSPs.
- Your focus on conducting business is bold and analytical – you can see the big picture early on and also pay attention to very important details.
- You have experience in leading and developing teams as well as in partner relations.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, with exceptional interpersonal and networking skills.
- An advanced level in MS Office is required.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in German is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century work environment, collaborative and flexible.
Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, BVG jobticket, Headspace membership, work-from-home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to helping team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University.
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about working for artists and songwriters.
What you need to know about us
BMG – founded in 2008 – is the world’s fourth-largest music company, the first new global music player in the streaming era, and both a record label and music publisher. Named one of the 2020 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – an unrelenting focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by the international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are”. BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms.
Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
(BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are”.)
Are you interested? Then send us your application and all the convincing arguments explaining why you are the right person for this position.