We are looking for a Director (f/m/d) Digital business development to join our office in Berlin.
Your mission at BMG
As a member of the Global Digital team, you will play a key role in implementing our global licensing strategy, leading business development initiatives at our registered licensing partners and publishers.
You will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, initiating and measuring strategic opportunities among all new and existing digital licensing partners, with a focus on registered activity.
As an internal key platform expert, you will guide our global digital teams and monitor the success and impact of business development initiatives and account performance. Your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and develop the commercial relationship with licensing partners in all of our publishing and recording activities.
- Identify areas to optimize with existing licensing partners.
- Define and configure KPIs with our Insights and Analytics team and report performance to senior management.
- Boost digital platform expertise, unlock best-in-class digital operations, and guide our global digital teams with strategy and expertise.
- Be the global point of contact for internal and external business development matters.
- Foster and coordinate business development initiatives with key stakeholders across all departments e.g. supply chain, finance, royalties, data, directory, marketing and digital management.
- Brief and support the Commercial Licensing team during the negotiation process and represent all internal service requirements.
- Maximize the opportunities of Bertelsmann relationships with platforms such as Meta or Bytedance.
- You hold an advanced degree in business, marketing, music, creative industry or a related field.
- You have previous experience in a similar position in the following areas: business development, commercial licensing (music/content), music/game platforms and/or digital key account management.
- You are familiar with the business models of social media, augmented reality/virtual reality, games and ad-supported media.
- You fully understand the complexity and scope of the recorded music and digital publishing industry, especially for UGC platforms and non-traditional DSPs.
- You have gained experience in team management and strategic leadership.
- Thanks to your strong analytical skills, you are able to create convincing business development cases using different tools.
- You demonstrate proactivity and self-management skills to initiate and manage projects with a focus on business conduct.
- You are an excellent communicator and value interpersonal and networking skills.
- All common MS Office programs are easy to use.
- Fluency in English is essential, fluency in German is a plus.
Now let’s see what’s in it for you
- The unique BMG culture, empowering and driven by strong values.
- A 21st century work environment, collaborative and flexible.
- Benefits like an office in the heart of Berlin, BVG jobticket, Headspace membership, work-from-home regulations and many more.
- A commitment to helping team members develop long-term careers at BMG with in-house training and the renowned Bertelsmann University.
- A fun and respectful community of people passionate about working for artists and songwriters.
What you need to know about us
BMG – founded in 2008 – is the world’s fourth-largest music company, the first new global music player in the streaming era, and both a record label and music publisher. Named one of the 2020 World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – an unrelenting focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history. BMG is owned by the international media, services and education company Bertelsmann.
Come as you are
As the great Kurt Cobain once said, “Come as you are”. BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.