New York, New York, United StatesLocation:
Thu 21 Apr ’22Posted on:
HWKN is a growing architecture firm reinventing the world we live in by creating a more sustainable, inclusive and unforgettable place for all. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our international team immediately. The candidate will be an integral part of developing our studio’s business development activities. An exciting time at HWKN with competition winning designs underway in London, Austin and Munich, they should thrive in our high energy, creative and truly cooperative environment.
At HWKN, the Business Development Manager works directly with the Director and business partners to develop and execute strategy in pursuit of new projects in the United States and globally.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
Main task: business development
- Develop outreach strategy with principal and partners
- Build and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in our CRM (Copper)
- Proactively reach out to potential clients and build relationships between them and our partners/principals
- Support the design team to create custom responses to RFQs/RFPs and to develop custom packages and pitch presentations; There is a significant amount of focused, often structured proposal writing
- Update all comic/marketing materials including resumes, project materials, databases and profile documents
- Attend client meetings and events as a company representative alongside other team members. Candidates should be professional in demeanor and highly confident in a customer facing support role
Secondary Task: public relations
- Coordinate media opportunities with our PR consultant
- Manage social media and other content creation, ensuring frequency, tone and voice are aligned with overall business strategy
- Use the services of our branding consultant and in-house architecture writer
- Update and maintain the content of the website; coordinate the development and launch of the next website redevelopment
- Plan and organize photo shoots for completed projects; respect a defined budget, negotiate contracts with photographers, coordinate logistics, manage post-production
This is an opportunity to take charge of a department that will grow considerably in the near future. You must understand the craft of architecture, have strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, graphic presentation and organizational skills, and the flexibility to easily work on a wide range of tasks simultaneously. A sense of humor never hurts!
- Must be comfortable and relaxed to work in a creative atmosphere that emphasizes personal accountability and corporate transparency
- 3+ years working in marketing or development in architecture or similar work environments
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills; good phone and email etiquette is imperative
- Ability to work across multiple deadlines in a fast-paced international environment and navigate a range of personality types, both internal and external
- Strong critical thinking, the confidence to be proactive, as well as demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Commitment to exemplary quality of work and attention to detail
- Proficiency in InDesign, Google Suites
- Conveniently located in NY
- Perfect English, and ideally some command of German
Compensation and Benefits
- Full-time employment not exempt
- Flexibility of remote and hybrid work
- Compensation based on skills and experience
- Participation in health insurance
To apply, please follow the link.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Back to task list…