SBUS0068 – Baxter Fellow in Business – Management & Marketing
University of Dundee
Grade 7 (£38,902 – £42,155)
Grade 8 (£43,414 – £51,805)
Summary of job purpose and main duties
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to strengthen excellence in business teaching and research within the School of Business. The successful candidate will be expected to take an active role in the delivery of our undergraduate, masters and doctoral/professional doctoral programs. In addition to teaching and administrative duties (including student recruitment), the successful candidate should have a clearly articulated research strategy.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
- Use of innovative teaching methods to deliver high quality and effective education at all levels to equip students with the skills, qualities and experience required for their future careers;
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate theses, supporting the student experience;
- Contribute to the School’s research activities at the highest level (REF 3-4*), by publishing in high-quality research journals and presenting work at international conferences;
- Engage in interdisciplinary research and knowledge exchange with other academic or industrial partners;
- Support the full economic cost of research by seeking to generate grant income and/or industrial funding;
- Supervise research students;
- Perform various administrative tasks within the school and provide academic support to students;
- Work collaboratively with others as an effective team member;
- Occasional University travel to support recruitment and/or partnership activities;
- Maintain a personal development program as agreed with line manager.
Summary of skills, experience and qualifications
Grade 7 – Essential:
- PhD in a business or related field
- Experience in setting up, grading and evaluating assignments and providing feedback to students;
- Development of research objectives, projects and proposals;
- Conducting individual or collaborative research projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Evidence of ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others;
- Evidence of effective team bonding;
- Ability to engage and travel in occasional overseas recruitment activities;
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands;
- Ability to contribute to REF
And in Grade 8 – Essential:
- Ability to contribute to REF
- Ability to identify funding sources and contribute to the process of securing funds;
- Experience in curriculum development and revision;
To further discuss the details of this position, informal inquiries can be directed to Dr Keith Dinnie, Head of Management and Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any additional information
As an internationally recognized university and student cohort, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and culture. We are a place where people are valued as individuals, for their skills and knowledge, and where we encourage and promote merit-based success. We offer a range of inclusive and family-friendly employment policies and flexible working arrangements and have staff networks that support our disabled, LGBT+ and BAME staff. We have achieved several Athena SWAN charter marks in our disciplines and are members of Stonewall and Advance HE Race Charter.
Find out more about “Working for the University of Dundee”
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit: www.dundee.ac.uk/jobs
The deadline for applications is 20 September 2022 at midnight (UK time).
The diversity of our staff and students helps make the University of Dundee one of the best universities in the UK. Family-friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, Athena Swan and Stonewall membership, and a full range of disability services create a fun and inclusive workplace.